History of Montenegro in one day

Discussion for people who don't understand our language, only English !!!
wulfy
NLB Moderator
Vozim: Aprilia Pegaso 650 Strada

History of Montenegro in one day

Post by wulfy » 02 Sep 2009 12:29

As Montenegrian, I think about one ,,historical tour’’. One day in august I had free time and I was on the beginning. And the beginning was in Doclea …
This is a story about capitals of Montenegro.

Duklja (Doclea)

The city was situated about three kilometers northwest from today’s capital Podgorica. Docleatae were an Illyrian tribe. Their capital was Doclea (or Dioclea), and they are called after the town. In the time of Roman Empire Doclea was the municipium (the town with some independent)

Roman Empire was strong, and bicome strongest till it split on two part (year 395.) The estern part was Byzantine Empire. After year 600. Slavs came and had wars with Byzantins. As a great empaire there is time of veakness and that was the time for enemys. And, for Balkan, forceful souvereign (or wanabe forceful souvereign) make history till today. The frst one was Bulgarian Tsar Simeon I. On the west border, and on the east of Bizantia, Docla became independent (Peter arhonit Dioklie, year 950.). Because of that, it was bigining of first dynasty (Vojisavljevic). But, Docle as a small state had lot of enemys. After Bulgaria forceful souvereign of Balkan was Macedonia, but Vladimir Vojisavlevic marrid Macedonian princes. Later, Mihailo Vojisvljevic had success battle angaist Byzantine. King Bodin Vojisavljevic (1082-1101) was the forceful souvereign and he had supervision of almost all Balkan. New forceful souvereign was Grand Župan of Rascia Stefan Nemanja and in the year 1185 Docle became part of Rascia.
Doclea town Forum

Basilica

Basilica and the hight of ceiling (I am to tall)

Thermas

In the time of Doclea you can find lot of latin letters

After Grand Župan of Rascia Stefan Nemanja, degeneration of Doclea town was apparently. On the picture you can see the remains. Dinasty of Vojisavljevic had palace in Doclea, bat one of the palace was near Shkodër ...
brum brum brm brm brrrrrrrrrrrrrm.... i kez od uva do uva

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Re: History of Montenegro in one day

Post by wulfy » 02 Sep 2009 14:58

Shkodër

The palace of Vojisavljevic was near Shkodër on the river Drin, or Bojana. Grand Župan of Rascia Stefan Nemanja in the year 1195 go to the monastery and his son Vukan take ex-Duclea state (New term for Doclea state is Zeta). Was he be in Vojisavljevic’s palas, or he built new one we don’t know. Also we don’t know where is location of the palace. Because of that I take pictures of river Drim

And Drim reaches the Bojana river

The term Doclea was lost, and the for Vukan’s theritory new term is Zeta. Shkodër was founded around the 4th century BC. This was the site of the Illyrian tribe Labeates as well as the capital of the kingdom of King Gentius and that of Queen Teuta. In the year 168 BC, the city was taken by the Romans and it became an important trade and military route. In the year 1043 Shkodër became part of Doclea. We talk about forceful souvereign of Balkan, and we mention: Byzantine Empire, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Doclea and Rascia (Serbia) … but also we mention veakness, and Đurađ Balšić take advantage of veakness Rascia and after year 1362 Zeta was independent state. It’s a stard of second dynasty (Balšić). In that time we Ottoman Empire was on east, and Republic of Venice on the west. In the year 1396 Balsics give Shkoder to Venice. Because of that between Zeta and Ottoman Emparie was Venice. In that time Rozafa Castle (south-easter part of today’s Shkoder) get stronger. Surface of castle is 3,6 hectars.

Ottoman Emparie take Shkodër in the year 1479. Today Shkodër is town in Albania, and warriors of Rozafa castle are pigeons as you can see

On top of the castle you have Rozafa restaurant in orient style

But, I don’t have photos from insade, because for one photo you must pay 1 euro :shock:

On this building you can see history. The church constructed by the end of the XIII century according to the roman style. It was converted into a mosque after the ottoman invasion in 1479.

If you wona take Rozafa castle today, you must climb on this rock road

And have 2,00 euro,

Shkodër today

When Balšič give Shkodër to Venice they go to Ulcinj …

Space Director
NLB Moderator
Vozim: TDM 900

Post by Space Director » 02 Sep 2009 21:16

Great job Wulfy!
I kad stojim tesko me pratiti...

ice
NLB Moderator
Vozim: BMW S1000XR

Post by ice » 03 Sep 2009 18:26

thanx for the post mate! keep it rolling...

winniemae
NLB Moderator
Vozim: trenutno nista

Post by winniemae » 10 Sep 2009 10:23

Wulfy for president! :D
Svega je lijepo imati više, osim točkova. Dva su dosta!

Leo
Stoper
Stoper
Vozim: Yamaha DT 175 MX
Aprilia Scarabeo 200

Post by Leo » 22 Oct 2009 21:37

Nicely described.

Well done,Mister.

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 21 Mar 2010 18:29

Ulcinj

In the year 1396 Ulcinj was capital. Remains of Balsic’s palace was reconstruction in hotel. If you admire royal imppessum than you know where to rent room :mrgreen:

Frst raiser of Ulcinj was greeks from Epir in the beginning of 5-th century b.c.. In 5-th century big earthquake destroyed Ulcinj. Because of that today’s old town looks like Roman city. Till end of dynasty Balšič Ulcinj was capital. Later Ulcinj was part of Otoman empire, and in one period (between year 1600 and year 1700) Ulcinj became pirate town. One of the famous pirates was Moro (perish in the year 1667) and Ramadan (perish in the year 1673). From that period you can hear lot of legends. One of the most interesting (by my like list) is abaut writer Miguel de Cervantes. When pirates captived one spanis boat they foun man with one hand and Spanish royal signet. Because of that he was five years in Ulcinj and pirates ask lot of money for him. He fall in love and that woman was inspiration for his novel Don Quixote

After Otoman empire Ulcinj became part of Montenegro and on the pic you can see old Ulcinj’s street

Today, on that street, you can’t hear haggle for slaves, but you can see lot of tourist with camera, something like this

Today’s Ulcinj

In the time of Balšič second family became powerful. That was Crnojević family, and that family became ruler, but Ulcinj is no longer capital, it was Žabljak …

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 21 Mar 2010 18:30

In the time of Balšič, Crnojević family was powerful and rich. They had few sergeant at arms. In the year 1451 it was start of third montenegrian dynasty with Stefan Crnojević and capital was

Žabljak Crnojevića

Žabljak was found in 10-th centry, but frst states evidence was from 15-th century. It was capital for Stefan and Ivan Crnojevic and new name was Žabljak Crnojevića (Crnojević’s Žabljak)

In the year 1487 Žabljak Crnojevića became part of Otoman empire, and after Congress of Berlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_Berlin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) in the year 1878 Žabljak Crnojevića became part of Montenegro.

Road to Žabljak Crnojevića

Main gate

On the Citadel I saw one big wall. I think this part of citadel was for military and for food and water.

Another side of wall

Scars fom buletts

Citadel of Žabljak Crnojevica

Monument of battle for Žabljaka Crnojevića in 1877 godine

Sight of Podgorica

Sight of Vranjina

Sight of Montenegro mountains

Žabljak Crnojeviča today

Sight of Citadel from graveyard

Dinasty of Crnojević rule from 1481 to 1496 but that dynasty had biggest influence of todays Montenegro. Name of the states is no longer Zeta it’s Crna Gora (Montenegro). It was first ortodox dynasty. Later, during 18-th and 19-th centry in Europe we have frst nations and time of Crnojević dynasty was main period for Montenegro nation.

Before Žabljak Crnojevića became part of Otoman empire capital of Montenegro become Obod …

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 21 Mar 2010 18:31

Obod

Ivan Crnojević built little fortes in the year 1475 that was capital because of danger of Otoman empaire. Oktoih was the first printed book using Cyrillic script. It was printed in the year 1494. 108 copies of this book survive. By the legend Printing House of Crnojevići was in Obod and you can see sign of position that printing house.

But on the cover of Oktoih book write: printed in Cetinje and the legend is only legend.

On the position of Obod fortes later was built church

Sight of little place Rijeka Crnojevića from Obod

Obod was capital till 1482 when capital became Cetinje ….

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 21 Mar 2010 18:31

Cetinje

Ivan Crnojević build court (1482) and monastery (1484) but both was destroyed. On the pic is remains of monastery and court’s curch

In the year 1469 Montenegro became part of Otoman empaire and in the year 1513 Montenegro have some autonomy. After Cretan War (War of Candia) in the yaer 1669 Montenegro had some kind of independent and montenegrian bishop became ruler of Montenegro tribes. The Montenegro bishop and Montenegro tribes start ,,battle for independent’’ In the yaer 1697 was start of fourth Montenegro dynasty Petrović. Capital was Cetinje …