History of Montenegro in one day

Discussion for people who don't understand our language, only English !!!
wulfy
NLB Moderator
Vozim: Aprilia Pegaso 650 Strada

Re: History of Montenegro in one day

Post by wulfy » 22 Mar 2010 17:07

At the time of the dynasty Petrovic Cetinje, still gaining more and more important, and the struggle for formal recognition that there is factual in the field.
That de facto independence understand the great powers (notably Austria-Hungary), which for example negotiated with Montenegro instead of Turkey about border. Petrović Dynnasty create the institutions of the state.

Biljarda (since 1838) was build for the accommodation of the institutions of state power. The draft of the building made the Russian envoy Jakov Ozerecovski. Frst it called the new building, and received its present name from 1839 when it housed a billiard room table. As the residence of the Montenegrin bishop served until 1867, when the palace made, and the seat of government functions until 1910 when the Government House was built. Today in the Billiard is Njegos museum.

Girls' Institute (since 1872) was originally located in the building of Billiard. Founded in 1869 and the Russian Empress Maria Alexander give the money, whose name carried Institute. Girls that could enter the Institute had to be aged 9 to 12 years. The Institute was abolished in 1913.

Palace, today in the palace is a museum of King Nicholas

Theatre Zetski dom (since 1888). The project of theatre was done by Josip Slide Šilović from Trogir. Even today the building is used for the purposes for which created 121 years ago.

Plavi Dvorac (Blue Palace) (from 1895) is actually a palace built for prince (future king). Today the Plavi Dvorac is Museum and Art Gallery.

Government House (since 1910), it is assumed that the project was done by Italian architect Koradini. When built it was the largest building in Montenegro (base 66x52m). It was the seat of the Montenegrin government, parliament and various government institutions. From 1977 on the ground floor is situated History Museum of Montenegro, and on the floor is situated Art Museum with a permanent exhibition of the National Gallery.

brum brum brm brm brrrrrrrrrrrrrm.... i kez od uva do uva

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 22 Mar 2010 17:08

Of course, the seat of a state in the 19-th centry it might not be out of embassies, which are popping up in Cetinje, after the formal recognition of Montenegro at the Berlin Congress in 1878.

Mission of the Ottoman Empire (from 1890) had previously been home of Duke Maša Vrbica. Soon the building its name,''Pasha's house. After adaptation 1995 located the Faculty of Drama.

The Bulgarian mission (since 1897) was in Iva Radonjića house. Today is ,,city tavern''

Legation of Austria-Hungary (since 1899), designed by Joseph Slade. Today, and after restoration in 1982 is situated Institute for Cultural Monuments in Montenegro.

The Russian mission (since 1903), was designed by Italian architect Kordini.

Serbian mission (since 1906) is located across the Palace. Before this year it was placed in a private home. It is currently located Ethnographic Museum of Montenegro.

The Italian mission (since 1910), was designed by Italian architect Koradini. Since 1976, the building serves as a library ,,Đurađ Crnojević. You can see the impression that Italy wanted to make as this mission is the largest and had the biggest yard (with Austria-Hungary and England) has a sports fields.

French Legation (1910), made in the ornate style. There is a story of the replacement projects, at the same time France is building an embassy in Cairo. Projects for the embassy in Cairo were mistakenly sent to Cetinje and because of that you have the oriental style embassy. Today is museum of library Đurđe Crnojević.

British Legation (since 1912), was designed by English architect Hart. Anyway, I came across the information that is the oldest sports association registered Montenegro were tennis club. Tennis were played on a very terrain in the courtyard of the embassy. Since 1996 the building is the Music Academy.

The Greek mission did not have its own building and rent private home. The first was placed in Katunska Street (today Njegoš Street)

German mission was placed in the house Jovan Piper (today Njegoš Street)

Mission of the United States, there is no the building today. In fact it was located in a former hotel, Lokanda''. Hotel has changed its name to 'Grand Hotel'', which was demolished after the 1979 earthquake.

After a long period of peace followed the ,,war game'': First Balkan War (start 1912) (when it is seen that Turkey was the week and united Balkan state start war), the Second Balkan War (start 1913) (Balkan states fight to each other about the division of Turkey's territory) and the First World War (start 1914). In post war period Cetinje loses its significance. In the 1918 Montenegro became the territory of Serbia. A little later the Serbia and other balakan states make South Slavs state, called Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, which clearly makes it clear that the Montenegrins did not participate in the creation of that state. Later that stae was called Kingdom of Yugoslavia During Second World War (start 1940) new Yugoslavia was born . New Yugoslavia had six republics (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro) and Cetinje became capital of Montenegro (capital of Yugoslavia was Belgrade) but it lasted until 13 July 1946, when the capital becomes Titograd (today Podgorica) ...

wulfy
NLB Moderator

Post by wulfy » 22 Mar 2010 17:10

I don’t have photo of Podgorica beacuse when I was on Cetinje the darkness has fallen and I go directly to Budva. The daily route was Budva - Podgorica - Duklja - Shkodra - Ulcinj - Zabljak Crnojevića - Obod - Cetinje (where darkness catches me) - Budva

Trip is longer than I thought when I started, mainly, it was 370 km of this,''historic trip’’.