First Post: Montenegro trip Planning

Discussion for people who don't understand our language, only English !!!
cyberdoggie
Stoper
Stoper

First Post: Montenegro trip Planning

Post by cyberdoggie » 02 Mar 2013 19:39

Hello. I am not sure how to move this post to the English forum so I hope the administrator can help!

I am planning a trip from Croatia, BH and Montenegro from April 28 to May 9. Here's my itinerary:

Saturday 27th Day 0: Pick up bikes in Venice at 9am.
Sunday 28th Day 1 — ride to Zagreb Croatia.
Monday 29th Day 2: stay in Mostar
Tuesday 30th Day 3: Sarajevo –
Wed to Friday May 1-3. (Montenegro Žabljak, Tara Canyon, Scepan Brijeg, Sveti Stefan, Kotor Bay - Prčanj) Day 4–6
Saturday 4th (Dubrovnick) Day 7: Dubrovnick
Sunday/Monday 5-6th (Hvar) Day 8-9: Spit/Hvar
Tuesday 7th Day 10: Open
Weds 6th Day 11 – Trieste
Thursday Venice - return bikes at 12:00PM (noon)
Friday – Depart from Venice Airport.

My questions are maybe typical?
-- Will the roads by Žabljak be open May 1? We only want to ride on asphalt.
-- do we want to from Žabljak follow the Tara gorge and go via Movkovac? or so we go from Žabljak to Nikšić and then to Scepan Brijeg?
-- What is the difficulty level of the riding? I've been riding my 1200R for about a year. (My riding partner however is expert.)

My map and itinerary planning is here on this google map. Thanks for your help!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... 1,8.701172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have the possibility ot extending a day if there's some part I am not covering properly. Thx again,

Mark

VeDzA
Test vozač kaskader
Test vozač kaskader
Vozim: Yamaha XTZ 750 ST
Honda XR 400 R

Re: First Post: Montenegro trip Planning

Post by VeDzA » 03 Mar 2013 13:42

hello mark and welcome to our forum

if you enter in montenegro on scepan polje(its not called "scepan brijeg" :) ),you could go to zabljak across Trsa(as you marked on map),but in may there could be still snowbanks on that road(its 2000 msl),so you you should ask as just beafore you start trip,if roads are clear.
But you can use this road to Zabljak:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... 1,4.938354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So you enter on Scepan polje,passing by Pluzine and continue to Niksic.About 20 km before Niksic,you will see sign for Savnik and Zabljak.you turn left and than just continue that road.
very nice road,with beatiful curves :)
From zabljak you go to mojkovac through tara canyon,and so on...

wish you nice trip!

cyberdoggie
Stoper
Stoper

Post by cyberdoggie » 03 Mar 2013 16:40

Thank you. That map you sent is perfect! I might do that anyway regardless of the snow since it hits all the places I wanted to see.

One more question - How many hours do you think it would take to ride that whole route you showed in the google map? Trying to get a sense of distance and Km doesn't really reflect the slow speed needed for these roads... Thanks again!

Mark

VeDzA
Test vozač kaskader
Test vozač kaskader
Vozim: Yamaha XTZ 750 ST
Honda XR 400 R

Post by VeDzA » 04 Mar 2013 14:00

Well...it depends how fast you wannago :)
Rout is about 350/360 km,so it could take all day,especialy because you start in sarajevo...